This Year's Yuletide Film is....



This is actually a label I've been neglecting for so long, but to be honest, I really prefer watching classic films just like I like listening to 70s music like KC & The Sunshine Band. But it's a mistake I want to now rectify by posting details of this year's Christmas film, the latest version of the classic tale by the master storyteller, Charles Dickens- A CHRISTMAS CAROL. According to my source, it is Disney's third adaptation of this charming story and the first 3D adaptation, the first one a cartoon, the other, a  live action film starring Michael Caine and Jim Henson's(God rest his soul) Muppets, which were sold to Disney after Henson's death in 1990. I first read the simplified edition back in Primary school and then the full version when I was in F.C.E, Abeokuta ; I own a copy now and always read it every Christmas Eve.
This version stars funny, funny man Jim Carrey( 9 years ago he was the green monster in HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS ) as the very rich miser, Ebenezer Scrooge whose opinion about Christmas is very very low, as noticed in his famous quote, 'Bah! Humbug!!' He's generally unpleasant to people, he underpays his employee and  wouldn't give to charity.
On Christmas Eve, he got  the biggest shock of his life; a visit from the ghost of his late business partner, Jacob Marley who informed him that he would be visited by three ghosts who would take him on a special journey; one after the other. Would it change his ways? WATCH IT!
SEASONS' GREETINGS!!! Webfetti.com

Comments

Popular Posts