First Sight of...

Hollywood actors/actresses had their beginnings before they reached the high status they enjoy today. Below  are the movies where I first saw or ever heard of a particular actor or actress. A few are movies where some made their debut, others long afterwards.




   


My first Ralph Fiennes film:  THE ENGLISH PATIENT. Beautiful yet sad film and I'm still trying to forget Kristin Scott Thomas' full frontal nude scene. Mind, I'm not a prude; I just found it weird.



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Kevin Kline film: I LOVE YOU TO DEATH (1990)
Hilarious movie about a man who cheated on his wife and she plots revenge, since as a strong Catholic she cannot divorce him. How is killing him any  better?






:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Denzel Washington film:  THE PELICAN BRIEF(1993) Later read the book and got pissed off he didn't get to kiss  Julia Roberts.




::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Brad Pitt film: INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE (1994) What can I say about it except I wonder why vampires have to be so attractive? (Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Antonio Banderas)







::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Audrey Hepburn film:  MY FAIR LADY (1964) Eliza finally mastering cultured way of speaking made my day though I found Professor Higgins (Rex Harrison) VERY annoying the whole time.





::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Antonio Banderas film: DESPERADO (1995)My first thought of  Tony on seeing him... sexy YET scary.





:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Joe Mantegna film: BABY'S DAY OUT (1994) Just how a baby was able to outwit 3 adult men is what I'm still laughing over.




 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




 My first Eddie Murphy film: THE GOLDEN CHILD (1986) 

It  was hard viewing a chap who made wisecracks half the time as a hero but Eddie Murphy managed it. Good movie.



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::





My first Tom Cruise film: COCKTAIL (1988)Tom Cruise going up that penthouse to propose to the love of his life  and she willingly defying her rich snobbish father brought tears.



::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Wesley Snipes film: PASSENGER 57 (1992) Black 'Bruce Lee' was what I called him that time; and brilliant acting. However, my first actual first sight of him was as  gang member in the intro of M.J's music video, Bad




::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Cuba Gooding Jr. film- THE TUSKEGEE AIRMEN (1995) My favorite part: When two of the pilots landed in the middle of a field where a prison crew was working and the raw  pride on the African American convicts' faces on seeing two of their own were actual pilots.




::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Jodie Foster film: THE ACCUSED(1988)  though the first time I ever heard her name was through reading the plot summary of NELL. I hated the rape scene, hence not a movie I was to see again unless I keep my eyes closed and the volume down in that part.
 





::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Humphrey Bogart/Katherine Hepburn film: THE AFRICAN QUEEN(1951) A pretty much mismatched couple who first quarrel then fall in love is a movie to watch!




::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Russel Crowe film: A BEAUTIFUL MIND(2001), first I heard of him was when reading plot summary of VIRTUOSITY. It was a shock to see Nash was actually hallucinating but his struggle to overcome it was very moving.  










::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



Long before he starred in DIE HARD, I grew up watching Bruce Willis and his co-star Cybill Shepherd in the ABC series MOONLIGHTING(1985-89) , one of my favorite shows back in the day. Friends, Enemies, Partners, Lovers... who won't be addicted to David and Maddie?



::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Al Pacino film: SCARFACE(1983) Full of swearing and violence and the concept of those who live by the sword with die by the sword was glaringly shown.





::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::





My first Claire Danes film: LITTLE WOMEN(1994)- her debut

Next to JANE EYRE, I love this story very much.








::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first sight of A.J Cook years before her current show, CRIMINAL MINDS was in FINAL DESTINATION II (2003) Death is inevitable hence cannot be cheated but it is a very scary movie to watch if you are the nervous typ. 





:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Leonardo Dicaprio film: ROMEO + JULIET(1996); first time of hearing of him was while reading plot summary of THE BASKETBALL DIARIES. Modern setting of the Bard's play and equally tragic ending.




::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Morgan Freeman film: LEAN ON ME(1989) 
No surprise that the stern but well meaning principal was once a drill sergeant; no wonder he kept everyone under their toes!


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Jean Claude Van Damme film: NO RETREAT; NO SURRENDER(1986) Scary was my description of him but he was the real reason why we watched the whole film, not because of the lead actor, Kurt Mckinney.





:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




My first Jackie Chan film: DRAGONS FOREVER. Funny as hell is all I can say!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Angelina Jolie film: GIA. A true life story about a supermodel  and her tragic self destruction, which makes it very sad. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Halle Berry film: STRICTLY BUSINESS. She was the reason we kept on until the end and we had no regrets!


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



My first Tom Hanks film: FORREST GUMP. A simple man who saw, experienced and achieved a lot is moving and inspirational.


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::







My first Drew Barrymore film: THE WEDDING SINGER; where she played a sweet natured waitress . 


TO BE CONTINUED...




Comments

Popular Posts