Peter's last days in DAYS

Yes, it's officially confirmed, according to Kelly Moneymaker's tweet, her husband Peter Reckell (Bo) is leaving Days of Our Lives for the third time and apparently for good this time around. Since his co-star's Crystal Chappell departure( correction, firing) I stopped watching DAYS; I was simply too disappointed and furious at the abrupt end of Bo and Carly's love story and the fact KC refused to embrace a whole new chapter.
Now Peter, who's been in DAYS for over 20 years is leaving too. I don't have the honor of  knowing  him personally albeit a few tweets with him at Twitter and, like I said before stopped watching DAYS last February so I only hear a few bits and pieces about his storyline after Carly(CC) left, so I won't state the reasons why he's leaving since I don't know exactly. BUT I will say this; I am NOT surprised, DAYS is simply not the DAYS of the glory days; romance, pure angst, romance, romance and MORE romance! And there was pure romance when Bo and Carly were still in DAYS; it is, I repeat once more A RUIN. Peter is too good of an actor to be in a soap opera like that, hence the need to explore new ventures. We've been seeing him in CC's web-series "Venice" (his lovely and talented wife does the music for it)  and from what I heard, we will see him in CC's other web-series "The Groove".

Well, Days won't be the same without Bo, his character as well as CC's(though Carly was in DAYS for just 5 years) are very much memorable; the ruggedly handsome detective and the beautiful aristocratic doctor; they never failed to make their fans smile; even when they argued! And those lovely Carbo moments; their first kiss, the long awaited declaration of their love, the dance on the roof, the Mayan wedding... all so wonderful and hard to forget!




True, from 1992-1995 we viewers had his Bo recast Robert Kelker-Kelly; but I can't exactly say his portrayal of Bo Brady was the same  as Peter's despite his own brand of handsomeness and eh... abs ( hee, hee) and he and CC, though they had their moments didn't have the chemistry as with her and Peter.









And Peter and CC definitely had it which made the  end of Bo and Carly's story so sad and unbearable to the fans. But then again, Peter is a brilliant, BRILLIANT actor and I've always admired him for that, not just because of  who he was paired with- even though I am admittedly a Carbo fan. I like him as Richard in Venice mostly because I believe I'm seeing Peter as Peter, i.e how he is off screen and he's so kind, friendly and gracious to both the Carbos and the Bopes.









But life has to go on yet  with both CC and Peter's departure; I honestly can't imagine how DAYS will be like and I don't even care. But, like I told Peter on Twitter...












DAYS without Peter; CLOUDY Days ahead indeed...

BEST CARBO 2.0 EPISODES 

Comments

  1. Howdy are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.

    Do you require any html coding knowledge to make your own blog?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Check out my site ... boşanma avukatı ankara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Post a comment!

Popular Posts