Happy Wedding Anniversary Bo and Carly!!!




21 years ago; it was described as the best DAYS OF OUR LIVES'  December storyline of 1991 ; Bo Brady and Carly Manning's symbolic Mayan wedding, which took place on top of  El Castillo in Chichén Itzá, Mexico.
After Bo finally proposed to Carly (which is my favorite Bo and Carly scene of all time) and  because Carly was still legally married to her diabolical husband Victor Kiriakis at the time- he suggested they pledge their love and commitment to each other with an ancient Mayan wedding ceremony. Though symbolic and not valid- its aim is for a man and a woman searching for a union and part of the cosmic universe to become spiritual partners and that was Bo and Carly did. Here is a excerpt of their vows as soon as they got to the top of the pyramid...







BoI just want you to know you've done so much for me. When I first met you, I was afraid to love. I thought I'd just let the pain and  hurt and loss that was inevitable... that was my fate. But you changed that. You made me see that things could be different. And it's because of you, because you changed my outlook that we're here today, on top of the world. I love you Princess. I love that smile, that face, the way you laugh. I love the way you think, the way your mind works; the things you think about. Your voice... it comforts and soothes me. I love you and I would be honoured to be your husband.



CARLYI am very grateful for every person who has played a part of your life, for everything that's happened to make you what you are today; wonderful, strong, kind and good. And most of all, mine. You know I told you once what my favorite definition of Heaven is, a place where everything that isn't music is silence. Well, that's what you've give me; the joy of music and the peace of silence. You've given me Heaven on earth and the only thing that could possibly make it better would be being your wife. 



Carly also recited an ancient Mayan poem that was also in the form of a prayer(which later Bo had framed)...




I know not if the voice of man can reach to the sky
I know not if the gods will hear as I pray
I know not if the gifts I asked for will be granted
I know not what will come to pass in our future days
I hope that only good will come, my love... to you


I know now that the voice of man can reach to the sky
I know now that the gods have heard as I prayed
I know now that the gifts I asked for have all been granted
I know now that the word of old we truly have heard
I know now that our future days will have no number
I know that only good will come, my love, to us.




I don't believe I've seen a more touching  and more beautiful wedding than that symbolic wedding and I really wish it was valid in the actual sense. But on the other hand, it gave Bo especially the opportunity to pour out his heart and express how much he loved Carly and how much she meant to him after a long period of lies, obstacles and denials and Carly was finally very happy after months of loneliness and despair. It's a pity a 2.0 version of this wedding was never written for them and so much potential ignored and never brought to light! But we fans can never and will never forget Bo and Carly, or their greatest moments and this Mayan Wedding was one of many of those moments.


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BO & CARLY! See montages below:











Comments

  1. Hi Bo and Carly

    Happy anniversary for both of you, here's my warm wedding anniversary messages for you. May the love bind you together forever. May you cherish the moment being in love and use that to get through hard time. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Post a comment!

Popular Posts