What’s Been Happening With Me… And Then Some




Happy New Month! We are slowly creeping towards the end of 2016 and before we know it, there will be Christmas trees and lights all over the place again.
I know my posts have been rather irregular lately and I apologise. Believe me, it wasn’t out of laziness or nonchalance; I love my blog and  nothing gives me so much pleasure than to write and share posts I find interesting to my readers.
The main reason was, I was going through a rather difficult time. My freelance writing gig turned out to be a disappointment, I was rounding off my final college project so I could finally get my B.Ed. degree next year (God willing) and then I got plagued with terrible migraines. There’s been the occasional one whenever I got stressed but this time it was really bad. For days, I could barely hold up my head and I was unable to think straight at all. I lay in bed, staring at my old laptop, wanting to write, yet not able to think of one good sentence. And then I found myself sobbing for no reason, making the migraines worse. I took painkillers, I stopped drinking tea, Coca Cola and Pepsi to lessen my caffeine intake but it barely made a dent. Out of desperation, I finally I goggled my symptoms and saw that I was suffering from stress and mild depression. The stress could have been worry over my project and a few other stuff, but the depression… that was another kettle of fish and I did what I could to relieve myself of it. The self help site I found to help me with my problem proved really insightful and after taking some of the suggestions to heart, the migraines slowly stopped.
Ramadan came; I fasted and prayed hard and began preparing new posts, but a few weeks later, Malaria struck so there was no way I could do anything until I got better. And I am fully recovered now and more than anxious to get back to blogging.
All through June, I vowed to make some changes in my life and I’ve found myself being all the more better for it. One of them is doing away with fear and negativity and achieving goals instead of procrastinating most of the time. Nothing can bring you peace but yourself, with God’s guidance of course. And the more confidence you have of yourself; you can achieve so many things. And that’s what I intend to focus on.
Yours in “blogship”,
                                                                        A. 

Comments

Popular Posts