PRINCE: ANOTHER ICON GONE

courtesy of fanpop.com

The world have lost several notable celebrities these past months, some we are still trying to get over. While still reeling from the shock over former WWE wrestler Chyna, the news came of Prince's death. From the mass outpouring of grief everywhere, it's like losing Michael Jackson all over again.
While not a huge fan of Prince, I really liked  his songs that happened to come my way.- the first being Purple Rain. As a child, I knew him as "The Artist Formerly Known As Prince" and I remember wondering if he was related to M.J at the time- to me they seemed alike facially and in some ways.
Its' a very sad thing that has occurred. Only a few days ago- before the tragic news of Chyna's death, there was the news of Doris Roberts' passing; the actress who played the sharp tongued and overbearing Marie Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond. Now we have lost such a talented icon, Prince- gone at 57. Like I always say at times like this... life is fragile and unpredictable and we have to spend it wisely; spread love and more than enough good deeds to prepare for the Hereafter.
The world mourns for this legendary, talented and vibrant singer, who was taken so suddenly. He is already greatly missed and will never be forgotten. Whenever I listen to Purple Rain from now on, I will imagine the little boy scribbling out the lyrics of his first song.
May his soul rest in peace.
Adieu Prince.

Comments

Popular Posts