A Message From Danielle Steel

January 2008

Dear Friends,

January always seems like such a great month to tuck in, get cozy, stay out of wintry weather, and get organized for the new year. I don't like making resolutions because I always break them, but I love making plans for the coming year, cleaning out closets, tidying up after the holidays, and getting the year off to a great start. Keeping busy in January is a great way to avoid the post-holiday doldrums, and in most places, it's a great time of year to be at home.

Noteworthy, too, is that Martin Luther King Day falls in January. When reading about him recently, I was stunned to realize and remember how young he was when he made so many changes and was so brave. Having become a legend, we think of him--or I did--as older than he was. He was so young, and what an extraordinary legacy and mark on the world he left!

On a much different front, I'm excited about a contest Ladies' Home Journal is sponsoring as part of the promotion of my fragrance, Danielle. It's a short story contest called "Believe in Happy Endings," and if you're curious, you can find out more at [ http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/ewPi0Mx6Ij0V50BDsL0ET ]. I've always been a fan of happy endings, and January is certainly a good time to think about them!

Love,

Danielle

P.S. You are always welcome to visit me at my home on the web:
http://info.randomhouse.com/cgi-bin21/DM/y/ewPi0Mx6Ij0V50H860E5
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular Posts